Welcome to Total Life Massage
Did You Know?
Massage lessened lower back pain, depression and anxiety, and improved sleep. The massage therapy group also showed improved range of motion and their serotonin and dopamine levels were higher.Hernandez-Reif, M., Field, T., Krasnegor, J., Theakston, T. (2001) Low back pain is reduced and range of motion increased after massage therapy. International Journal of Neuroscience, 106, 131-145.
Physical and Emotional Benefits of Massage
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion performance
- Treats injuries caused during sports or work
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Treats musculoskeletal problems and improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Rehabilitation post-operative or after injury
- Enhances athletic performance
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Benefits of Massage Therapy During Tough Economic Times.
You may be tempted to cut back on massage. But more than a luxury, massage is a vital part of self-care that has a positive ripple effect on us as we work, play, and care for others.
Massage can boost immunity, helping fend off illness--meaning fewer medical bills and days off work. Better sleep, reduced anxiety, and a sense of emotional balance are just a few additional benefits of massage during tough times.
A recent national consumer survey showed most massage-minded Americans are committed to maintaining the health benefits they experience with massage. It only makes sense. The better you feel, the better job you can do of caring for yourself and your loved ones. Now, more than ever, massage should play a role in reducing stress and strengthening the health of Americans. When people feel their best, they are more likely to be able to face the challenges difficult times present. With greater health and peace of mind, consumers can face difficulties with poise, clarity of purpose, and strengthened emotional reserves.
Truly, massage is more than a luxury--it's a vital part of self-care that has a positive ripple effect on us as we work, play, and care for others.
If you think about it, massage is an excellent value. The price of massage has remained stable in recent years, as the cost of movies, meals out, and sports events has risen. And Total Life Massage offers very competitive rates for your massages. Our staff does not want to
see consumers eliminating massage from their health care knowing that it is so beneficial for overall health, especially in stressful times. So, we provide you and consumers around the United States with an advantage.
Following are health reasons why all American adults should be including massage in their family budgets and schedules.
Home. Massage therapy will help families under stress create healthier households with clearer-thinking and more relaxed moms and dads. Children are very sensitive and often pick up on tension in the household. Parents who are taking care of themselves are more likely to be better caregivers and are more likely to impress healthy habits on their children.
Work. The health benefits of massage can help forestall illnesses and lost work time, especially when you may be asked to produce more with fewer resources. Decision-making skills will be better and your performance is likely to be improved with a clearer focus and more energy.
A hint for the boss: Research shows employees exhibit less stress and improved performance. Consider a 15-minute massage in the office! Experience also shows that a 1-hour massage has the same relaxing and stress-relieving benefits of a 2-day vacation. When you don't have time or your boss would like to send you on a vacation to relax, let your body take a healthy and relaxing vacation with a 1-hour massage.
Health Conditions. Proactively caring for health through massage may help reduce costly doctor visits and use of prescription and over-the-counter medications. Those with already existing health conditions can continue to reap benefits in the following ways:
- Abdominal Surgery: Abdominal surgery patients recover more quickly after massage.
- Alzheimer's: Alzheimer's patients exhibit reduced pacing, irritability, and restlessness after neck and shoulder massage.
- Arthritis: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with arthritis.
- Asthma: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with asthma.
- Back Pain: Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating back pain.
- Burns: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with burns. Burn patients experience a decrease in itching.
- Carpal Tunnel: Massage reduces symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia: Deep-tissue massage is effective on fibromyalgia. Fibro patients receiving massage also have less pain, depression, anxiety, stiffness, fatigue, and sleep problems.
- High Blood Pressure: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms of high blood pressure and premenstrual syndrome.
- Labor Pain: Massage during labor appears to reduce stress and anxiety, relaxes muscles and helps block pain. Some medical professionals believe massage also reduces tearing, shortens labor, reduces the need for medication and shortens hospital stays.
- Oncology: Oncology patients show less pain, fatigue, nausea, anxiety and depression following massage therapy.
- Osteoarthritis: Deep-tissue massage is effective in treating osteoarthritis.
- PMS: Massage is beneficial in reducing symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome.
- Postsurgical Pain: Massage therapy is effective in reducing postsurgical pain.
- Premature Babies: Premature babies receiving massage therapy gain more weight and have shorter hospital stays than infants not receiving massage.
- Soreness: Massage can reduce sports-related soreness and improve circulation--good to know when you may be excercising more to reduce stress.
- Strokes: Stroke patients show less anxiety and lower blood pressure with massage therapy.
(Source: American Massage Therapy Association)
Total Life Massage Sessions:
• Brief Consultations before Each Session to assure purpose and expectations for massage are met.
• Includes a Free surface electromyography to determine muscle imbalances and tension.
• Discounted Massages.
Admission Forms Click Here